Sunday, November 15, 2009

Words from the left hand side of the road!

I was sitting here today and I was like ooh I should blog, I said I would within the two weeks. Then I looked at the date ad realized that it had been two weeks exactly since my last post. So here is my two week update.

Timaru has been great! I have really enjoyed being here, Timaru is just as beautiful as I expected it to be. I dont know if anything in this country could be ugly.

As we have been in Timaru we have been staying with a family and it has been so nice. I have really enjoyed being a part of a family again. (not that my DTS hasnt been a family they have been every bit of a family and more) But, what I mean by that is that it has been nice to be back in a normal family type lifestyle. Waking up in the morning in a normal house, eating breakfast, heading out for the day, and then coming back, eating dinner, and then hanging out in the living room watching the news. The people and families of been more than accommodating to our team.

On another exciting note, something that I forgot to tell anyone that I have talked to back home. I have the joy and pleasure of driving here! Its been quite exciting learning how to drive on the left hand side of the road. And have gotten quite comfortable driving a manuel drive as well.

On a ministry note, our time here has been about the same as Dunedin. Personally I have a few more opportunities to speak and I even got the chance to MC our jump rally. It has been really fun.

A big part of this update is to also let you know whats next. We have two weeks left in New Zealand, and they we will be spent back in Dunedin. As my last blog stated we were supposed to be heading up to Nelson. There however in true YWAM fashion been a few changes made to our schedule. The doors in Nelson just werent really opening up for us, so we decided that going back to Dunedin (where we have quite a few contacts) would be our best bet.

So thats a little bit about me. Hope this finds you well and I will give you another update when I am back in Australia!

Love You all and see you soon!

Love and Light,
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment