Friday, September 11, 2009

An update from the Last week and The Mission Adventures Adventure is Beginning!

Hey Guys! Whats up in the land of free and the home of the brave? It has been all good down here in the land down under! I have had a great last week and a half since I last updated you all on my happenings!

Not much has been going on here outside of the usual but, it has still been pretty good none the less. Lectures this week went quite well. Our guest lecture was Dean Sherman and man was it good. His main topic was spiritual warfare but really he talked a lot about just the basics of being the church and where we have screwed up and where we can make a difference. One night outside of normal lecture time he also spoke on relationships to the whole base and it was even better than his lectures during class. He talked about how as christians we have just messed relationships up and that the world has messed them up but, it dosnt have to be like this. It was good. . . Relationships is my favorite subject so maybe that has something to do with it as well.

As far as fun down here this week I got to do some skating around town on a long board one night and that was fun. . . . I discover mylifeisaverage.com Umm yeah its funny! . . . Spent some time down at the beach saw some art work that was sweet as. Yeah sums that up I guess . . .

YouthStreet last saturday was good I am loving being a part of it! It is funny I wasnt exactly the most excited person in the world about working with 14-15 year olds but my heart has just continued to grow more and more for these kids and I cant wait to come back to the states and get to implement some of the things I have learned here and to get to minister to the kids back home, this age group is so important!

Speaking of kiddies! We moved out of our house this morning to get ready for mission adventures that starts tomorrow! We are now allliving in this really nice house about five minutes off of base ( Dont worry pictures will be posted . . . I will post a whole album at the end of our minor outreach) But yeah so thats been exciting . . . With mission adventures like I said before we will be training and holding some stuff for the Youth Group the first four days. I am personally helping with outreach prep, and leading some intercession times. I also am playing Jesus in a thing they called the passion play (Its about the crucifixion) I am really excited about all of this . . .Then for the outreach part I will be cooking for the week with one other person for the youth group as well as my team while we are staying over on Palm Island . . . While we are at Palm Island we are staying at what they call the PCYC its a youth rec center. We mainly will just be holding a few activities on the Island hanging out with the youth there and just building relationships and witnessing though those opportunities so it should be good, not super structured but thats more my style anyway.

So yeah this will be my last post for about 10 or 12 days . . .Ill get a day off when we get back from Palm Island where I can throw a quick update up about how Mission Adventures and Palm went and Ill let you know more details about 5DE! . . .

I hope everyone is doing well, please keep me and my team in your prayers a little extra these next 3 weeks as we will be really having a lot of opportunities to share the Love of God with a lot of people and as we all know thats when we seem to come under the most attack so your prayers are not only appreciated but needed! Much Love to all!

Love and Light,
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment