Sunday, October 4, 2009

Its all crazy! Its all a dream! Its alright!

And Im back for two weeks then off again to New Zealand this time . . . Sometimes its surreal! The title says it well, its crazy and it feels like a dream, but it is definitely alright.

Mission adventures was AMAZING!!!! I loved it, it was so much fun and was right up my alley. I loved having the opportunity to disciple and teach kids that were willing to learn and wanted to grow deeper in their faith with God. That for me is what it is about. Helping people to better understand and know God in a deeper more personal way. For the first week of minor outreach we were here on base and teaching the kids running a lecture type week for them much similar to the weeks that I have had previous to my outreach. We had plenty of exciting things happen during that week as well . . .We did a play that was a reenactment of the crucifixion of Jesus in which I was Jesus, it really moves you going through that experience being hung on a cross and faking the absolute agony that he went through in order for us as imperfect humans to be eternally saved. We also did fun things like play a lot sport teach kids to walk like a cow, baby shark, and a little about polar bears and camping haha. We also had a massive food fight during the week that was disgusting to say the least.

Then we headed off to Palm Island (P.I.). Having the opportunity to minister in a cross culture setting is something that everyone should do in there life! It is eye opening and just simply fun! No Jokes . . . Playing with all of those kids everyday was tiring yes but also quite joyful! I was a human jungle gym a photographer and whatever else you can think of that these kids asked for.

It was one of the greatest experiences of my life . . .We slept on concrete floors, took cold showers, and ate our meals outside and I never really felt the need to complain (except for the cold showers because they were like ice cold and I dont like cold water, who likes cold water? lets be honest here) I woke up every morning feeling complete and fulfilled. Plus we really got to see God work in many ways I have plenty of stories if you want to hear the details.

I guess I could have started with this part but Ill back track now . . . Palm Island was much like being in a different country. It was by no means 3rd world but it was no where close to what we would expect in a modern western civilization. But though it was not the cleanest place in the world and not the safest it was still beautiful! The sunsets were epic and the night sky gorgeous. The forest and ocean were breath taking . . .Its such a shame that such a beautiful place has been reduced down to so little and that the people there dont take better care of the land they are given. But there is hope there are people there who do try it is not all lost!

During these two weeks of mission adventures on a spiritual and personal level I really began to understand who I was and learn and grow deeper with God. These two weeks are two I will never forget . . .For lots and lots of pictures of Palm Island and my team check out my facebook . . .I forgot to take any pictures during the lecture phase but it was just us here on base so it wasnt to exciting from a picture standpoint!

That leads us to 5DE . . . First and Foremost Gold Coast was beautiful as was the camp we stayed at about an hour up into the Mountains. Brisbane is also a wonderful city that I loved very much and hope to go back to some day. For 5DE my outreach team was required to switch gears a bit . . This wasnt necessarily a trip all about God but a trip for kids who came with a lot of questions about God and a chance for them to just have fun and for us to get to show them some love.

It was a tiring weak slept very little starting with about an hour half the first night on the way down ther on the good old double decker bus. Our first day there we did some relay games and had some friendly team competition (We were split up into 4 team that ran through out the week it was one boys cabin with one girla cabin and there were 4 cabins for each ironic huh?) So yeah that was the first day and on that night we had a massive game of Sardines my group dominated with the best hiding spot ever! Day two was the water park and that night was a bit of capture the flag. Day three surfing and Gold coast shopping capping the night with a litle dance party with a cowboys, indians, and Mexicans theme . . . Yeah you can tell that Americans had their hands in the planning! Day four was the other theme park we went to and that night was a praise and worship service some testimonies and our only real ministry night for our outreach team and it was good. Our last day there we went into Brisbane for some shopping I got food poisoning from the Australian version of Burger King (Its called hungry Jack here because when the King tried to come over there was already a place called burger that refused to sale the rights I guess) and then it was another 20+ some hour bus ride back!

I almost forgot that on the day we went surfing that morning I attempted to eat a pancake that in the history of the campgrounds that we stayed at only three people have ever finished. It stayed that way because I couldnt do it but I was so close it made me angry its was one of the hardest things I have ever done. . . Check out the pics on FB its crazy!

So yeah that is my outreach in a nutshell I guess now that I think about it I could have gave a little more detailed break down of Palm but it was pretty relaxed and loose I spent a lot of the itme in the kitchen and stuff and I know I didnt mention that we did an open air service in a courtyard one night that went really well and yeah so thats it . . .if you have any questions PLEASE email me I love emails or just hit me up on Facebook . . .I miss you guys and I thank you so much for your prayers and your support while I was gone trust me, my team and I both could feel them working. We needed it and appreciated it more than you will ever know. If you dont always think that prayer works or that there is no power in prayer . . .WELL STOP because there is and I am living proof of that right now as I write this and everyday that I live my life I see that prayer works. Teaching point here though is that sometimes it just dosnt work out the exact way we had envisioned so we get all crazy saying it dosnt work but it does just look at the situation and talk to God and he will show that it works!

Ok its my bed time here now you are all just waking up as I write this so good morning! Ill talk to you again soon!

Love and Light,
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment